Hebron celebrates graduation
PHEBA – The 13 Hebron Christian School graduates have been taught for 12 years how to read, write and do arithmetic and they were challenged Friday night to make their world a better place for all.
Ceremonies held at the school gymnasium saw Valedictorian Craig Wade, Salutatorian Subrina Oswalt and Hebron School Trustee Victor Horn all urge the class to take the knowledge and skills they learned at Hebron and use those talents to change the world.
“This is a great school and as I leave I want to challenge this class to stay focused on what they have and what they can do,” said Valedictorian Wade. “We will all cherish the memories we made here for a lifetime.”
Wade urged classmates and the community to trust in the Lord, rely on friends and do the best they can to make a difference in their home, profession and the world.
“We are here for a purpose – God’s purpose – and we need to follow His guidance,” said Wade. “I want to thank the teachers, administration, communities and families for holding up that example for us.”
Salutatorian Oswalt said Hebron has always been a place for family.
“What we see around us tonight is family,” said Oswalt. “It is about being part of something larger than ourselves. This is not just a school, it is a home.”
Dr. Victor Horn gave the charge to graduates.
“These are exciting times for all of you Seniors,” said Horn. “Can we truly change the world? The only real change comes from our Heavenly Father.”
Horn then pointed out that change only comes through prayer and service.
“You have gotten a good foundation at Hebron,” said Horn. “You will now make a lot of choices in your life. Some of them will be good and you will make some mistakes, too.
“Your lives will change a lot in the next few years, but please remember the only thing that does not change is God,” said Horn. “He loves you and he will not leave you, no matter what comes in your life.”
The invocation at Friday’s commencement was given by Alaina Hill and Hayden Carty and Troy Arnold led the audience in singing “To God Be The Glory.” The welcome was given by Joey Ard and the benediction was given by Justin Shinn.
Ard, Arnold, Carty, Hill, Oswalt, Shinn and Wade were recognized as 2014 Honor Graduates.
A video of each graduate were presented during the ceremony.
Diplomas were presented by Headmaster Jonathan Harper and Davis Foster.
Graduates were treated to refreshments after the ceremony by the Ladies of Hebron Baptist Church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston Trustees approve $847,000 maintenance project January 12, 2017
- County contemplates paving project January 16, 2017
- NEMCC names honor students January 16, 2017
- JOHN CALVIN: Let’s hope new government will guide us better January 17, 2017
- Orr named Masonic scholar January 17, 2017
- 4-H Promotion Day is Thursday. January 18, 2017
- Chieftains roll Green Wave January 18, 2017
- Houlka sweeps Rams to start division play January 18, 2017
- Okolona man charged in Amory armed robbery January 17, 2017
- Houston truck driver killed in Jackson crash January 17, 2017
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago