LISA VOYLES: Another day older
And you know how the rest of the song goes. If you don’t, you’re too young to be reading this column anyway.
Yep, I passed another milestone, one more birthday. Birthdays don’t bother me anymore. I’m actually pretty proud I made it this far and am looking forward to more.
I did have one very traumatic birthday way back in my past.
For some reason, when I turned 25 it hit me hard. I guess I realized my playtime was over and I was now entering adulthood – ready or not. I realize some of you out there reached that point several years earlier than 25 but I just wasn’t ready to accept the fact that I was grown. Reality did it for me and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I had feared.
And thanks to everyone who sent me birthday messages. It’s really nice to know people are thinking of you with love and kindness.
In truth, I had two holidays in a row as Sunday was Mother’s day. Cody grilled for mama and me and we had a very nice, relaxing afternoon and evening. We laughed and joked and I listened to him practice guitar all evening. He’s working on some praise songs so that was a good Mom event, too.
Between Mother’s day and my birthday I realized I’m pretty content in my life. No, not everthing is perfect all the time and I’m sure there are improvements that could be made. But overall, I’m more blessed than anything else.
And that’s not a bad way to be.
Lisa Voyles is Managing Editor/Sports for the Chickasaw Journal. She can be reached at 456-3771 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago