BRUCE – Moody Brooks Tyler, 94, died Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-North Mississippi in Oxford. He was born Nov. 19, 1919, in Calhoun County.
He married Cuvis Hall Tyler on July 29, 1939. He retired from Memphis Hardwood Flooring Co. after 51 years and he retired as manager of Mt.Comfort Water System after 24 years. He was a member of Bruce First Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, May 16, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Bro. Alex Croxton will officiate. Burial will be in Memory Memorial Garden in Bruce.
He is survived by his wife, Cuvis Hall Tyler of Bruce; four sons, Gerald Tyler (Rosa) of Lilburn, Ga., Donald Tyler (Ginger) of Bartlett, Tenn., Paul Ray Tyler (Kay) of Bruce and Mike Tyler (Judy) of Counce, Tenn.; one brother; David Tyler (Jana) of Magnolia, Texas; six grandchildren, Susan Croxton (Alex), Steven Tyler (Tara), Robert Tyler (Teena), Sharissa Beech (Barry), Adam Tyler (Natalie) and Alison Tyler (Phillip); and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Floyd Jackson Tyler and Daisy Jane Bond Tyler; a brother, T.J. Tyler; two sisters, Johnnie Cannon and Frances Tyler; and a grandson, Allen Brooks Tyler.
Pallbearers will be Eric Carr, Clint Dishman, Jeffery Hall, Mark Hall, Rickey Hall, Jason Hyde, Buck Langford and Larry Mize. Honorary pallbearers will be the A.H. Ward Sunday school class.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago