Getting set for the season
The Hilltoppers are back on the gridiron, working in spring practice and getting their feet under them for a new fall campaign and coach William Cook said things have been going smoothly.
“It’s looking good,” Cook said.”Their off-season conditioning is working and in practice they’re working hard. That’s all you can ask for.”
The Toppers will field another young team with the loss of nine seniors at graduation, “but those younger players have a year of experience under their belt,” Cook added.
Currently, they are working without several members who are in playoffs with baseball, but that just opens up more opportunities to gain extra work.
“It gives some of the other guys a chance to get extra reps,” Cook said.
Hitting the field
The Toppers will be in action Thursday in Shannon as they participate in a spring jamboree with the Red Raiders and New Albany.
There will be abbreviated time for JV and varsity will play two full quarters each of offense and defense without the kicking game.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Houlka reviewing bids for new school September 19, 2016
- Houlka falls hard to Potts Camp September 22, 2016
- Lady Toppers roll up Red Raiders September 22, 2016
- Flywheel to spin Friday, Saturday September 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun September 23, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week September 25, 2016
- Houston to host WMU fall meeting September 25, 2016
- Saturday morning injury clinic for area athletes. September 24, 2016
- WEEK 6: High School Football Scores September 24, 2016
- Is Hillary’s health our biggest problem? September 24, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago