2014 alligator seasons announced
The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks finalized regulations for the 2014 alligator hunting season on public waters and private lands in Mississippi and the statewide public waters season will include opportunities in specific public waterways.
A total of 920 permits will be available within seven hunting zones across the state for the 10-day season, August 29 – September 8. Permits are allocated to applicants in each hunting zone through a computerized drawing.
Applications for the permit drawing are required to be submitted electronically through the MDWFP website from June 2 – 9. Legal applicants are residents of Mississippi, at least 16 years of age who possess a valid Mississippi hunting license. Selected applicants must attend a mandatory training course to meet licensing requirements.
In 2013, over 6,700 residents submitted over 25,000 zone applications for 920 available permits; 671 alligators were harvested.
A private lands alligator hunting season is available to landowners whose properties meet specific qualifications within 28 open counties. Applications and instructions for private lands permits are available online in June and must be submitted by July 1.
For more information regarding alligator hunting rules and regulations, visit our website at www.mdwfp.com/alligator or call us at 601-432-2199
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago