2014 alligator seasons announced
The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks finalized regulations for the 2014 alligator hunting season on public waters and private lands in Mississippi and the statewide public waters season will include opportunities in specific public waterways.
A total of 920 permits will be available within seven hunting zones across the state for the 10-day season, August 29 – September 8. Permits are allocated to applicants in each hunting zone through a computerized drawing.
Applications for the permit drawing are required to be submitted electronically through the MDWFP website from June 2 – 9. Legal applicants are residents of Mississippi, at least 16 years of age who possess a valid Mississippi hunting license. Selected applicants must attend a mandatory training course to meet licensing requirements.
In 2013, over 6,700 residents submitted over 25,000 zone applications for 920 available permits; 671 alligators were harvested.
A private lands alligator hunting season is available to landowners whose properties meet specific qualifications within 28 open counties. Applications and instructions for private lands permits are available online in June and must be submitted by July 1.
For more information regarding alligator hunting rules and regulations, visit our website at www.mdwfp.com/alligator or call us at 601-432-2199
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago