Wolverines close at North Half
The East Webster Wolverines closed out a successful campaign on the diamond last weekend as they placed runners-up in 2A North Half.
The young club will lose their lone senior to graduation and went 22-10 across the regular season and playoffs. Coach Wes Johnson said he is pleased with their play this season and already looking forward to next year.
“We had a great group of guys,” Johnson said. “I’m looking forward to watching these guys’ accomplish great things both on and off the field next year.”
The Wolverines clinched division and earned a bye in the play-in round of North Half, then knocked off Mantachie in two games, 7-6, 4-0.
In their stand at North Half, they brought things right back home for a county rivalry with the Eupora Eagles.
The Eagles took Game One, 10-4, but the Wolverines battled back in Game Two, finally taking a 4-2 loss.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona nipped by Shannon September 22, 2016
- Chickasaw County legislator was near New York terrorist attack September 26, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A place called Houston September 26, 2016
- Fight brought to Houston PD September 27, 2016
- Waterfowl season dates told September 27, 2016
- Houston Homecoming Queen September 29, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Made in Chickasaw September 29, 2016
- Two arrested on drug charges September 28, 2016
- ICC offers C2C to those who want to work September 28, 2016
- East Webster rolls over South Pontotoc September 28, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago