CALHOUN CITY – Nathan Bryan Harrison, 66, died Saturday, May 24, 2014, at his residence. He was born May 21, 1948, in Grenada to Calvin Dee and Julia Brown Harrison.
After graduating from Calhoun City High School in 1966, he attended drafting school in Atlanta, Ga. He was a retired businessman. He was the co-founder and president of Cottage Lane Furniture. He had a strong appreciation of history, antiques and classic cars. He and a friend rebuilt the downtown area of Big Creek to replicate a 1909 postcard they found. He also enjoyed gardening, playing cards, drinking coffee and debating with his friends.
Visitation will be from 5 until 7 p.m. Monday, May 26, at Pryor Funeral Home in Calhoun City. The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, May 27, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City with Bro. Allen Dearing and Bro. Joe Harrison officiating. Pryor Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Pallbearers are Brad Weddle, Sidney Weddle, Dee Harrison, Turner Shaw, David Edward Harrison and Blake McCuiston.
He is survived by his wife of 35 years, Diane Weaver Harrison of Calhoun City; his mother, Julia Brown Harrison of Derma; his daughter, Amanda (Doug) Hutchins of Calhoun City; his son, Sean (Becky) Harrison of Calhoun City; two sisters, Brenda Genin and Marilyn (Sydney) Weddle, all of Calhoun City; one brother, David Harrison of Signal Mountain, Tenn.; and a sister-in-law, Wanda Harrison of Big Creek.
He was preceded in death by his father, Calvin Dee Harrison, and a brother, Robert “Bobby” Harrison.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Chapel Hill Cemetery Fund, 762 County Road 308, Big Creek, MS, 38914 or to Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church.
Online condolences can be left at pryorfuneralhome.com. – See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chickasawjournal/obituary.aspx?n=nathan-bryan-harrison&pid=171128029&fhid=21401#sthash.82HwyaoT.dpuf
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago