OXFORD – Ruby Frances Cromwell Gean, 93, died Friday, May 23, 2014, at Regional One Health in Memphis.
The funeral service will be Wednesday, May 28, at 2 p.m. in the chapel of Waller Funeral Home in Oxford with the Rev. James Richardson and the Rev. Donnie Williams officiating. Burial will follow in Hopewell Cemetery. Visitation will begin at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Born in Lafayette County in the Hopewell community, she was the widow of David Martin “Buster” Gean, to whom she was married for 70 years. She retired as bookkeeper for Lafayette County Co-Op, worked 10 years at Wal-Mart and has worked the past 40 years as a bookkeeper for Punkin Water Association. She loved her flowers, crocheting, quilting, games, reading and gospel music with the Fishers of Men Quartet being her favorite gospel group. She was a wonderful cook with a gift of hospitality and loved hosting her family and friends. She was a longtime member of the church she loved, Midway Methodist Church in Oxford, and was a Godly example to her friends and family. She had a special love for her dog, Lady, and her many friends and family. She was preceded in death by a son-in-law, David Mills.
Survivors include two daughters, Ruth Ann Locke and her husband, the Rev. Don Locke. of Houston and Marie Mills of Batesville; one sister, Ozie Thweatt of Oxford; six grandchildren, Joy Locke of Portland, Ore., Rachel Lynn Nagel and her husband, Darin, of Monterey, Calif., Bradley H. Locke and his wife, Rachel, of Tupelo, Tracey Mooneyham of Oxford; Robin Nail of Oxford and Kelly Lyles and his wife, Shanna, of Oxford; and 19 great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions may be made to Midway Church Building Fund, 47 CR 417, Oxford, MS 38655.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago