AMORY – Victor Harold “Bubba” “Sonny” Stanford, 78, died on Monday, May 26, 2014, at his residence. Born on June 13, 1935, in Amory, he was a son of the late William Archie Stanford Sr. and Jewel Nix Stanford.
He attended Trace Road, Amory and Shannon schools and the University of Mississippi for one year. He honorably served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War and was a member of American Legion Post 25. On Dec. 29, 1960, he married Linda Palmer. He had worked as an R&D developer for Pullman Couch, Action, Townhouse, Avon, Peoplelounger, Prime Design and with Opal Carter. He was a charter member of North Boulevard Christian Church. A competitive and feisty character who had the gift of gab, he enjoyed camping; his job; visiting with coworkers; and playing checkers, pool and Rook.
He is survived by his wife of 53 years, Linda P. Stanford, Amory; daughter, Angie Wright (Lee), Nettleton; sons, Steve Stanford (Cyndi), Smithville, and Randy Stanford (Chrissy), Amory; sisters, Diane Sindle, Biloxi, Nancy Stockton, Amory, and Martha Stegall, Smithville; brothers, Bobby E. Stanford, Amory, and Charles Wayne Stanford, Los Angeles, Calif.; grandchildren, Cindy Long, Amy Tate, Brandi Phillips, Megan Wright, Kym Winders, Matthew Stanford, Brittany Waldrop, Courtney Leveck, Christina Allen and Kevin Stanford; 13 great-grandchildren; and 14 nieces and nephews.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brothers, Archie Stanford Jr. and Jack Stanford; a granddaughter, Jennifer Stanford; and a daughter-in-law, Sheila Stanford.
A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 29, at North Boulevard Christian Church with Bro. Buzz Wilkinson and Bro. Ferman Anderson officiating. Burial will follow in Masonic Cemetery. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home of Amory is in charge of arrangements.
Pallbearers will be Kevin Stanford, Patrick Allen, Nick Waldrop, Isaac Winders, Justin Leveck, Jackie Long, Cory Tate, Matthew Stanford and Nathan Howell.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be given to North Boulevard Christian Church, 1201 N. Boulevard Dr., Amory, MS 38821.
Memories and condolences may be shared with the family at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
Action, Allen, American Legion, amory, Anderson, Angie, Avon, Bubba, Harold, Leveck, Long, Navy, Nix, North Boulevard Christian Church, Opal Carter, Palmer, Peoplelounger, Phillips, Prime Design, Pullman, Sindle, Sonny, Stanford, Stegall, Stockton, Tate, Townhouse, veteran, Victor, Victor Harold Stanford, Vietnam, Waldrop, Wilkinson, Winder, Wright
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago