AIKEN, S.C. – Eugene Carpenter, 95, died on Thursday, May 22, 2014, at Hitchcock House Assisted Living Facility in Aiken, S.C. Born Friday, April 4, 1919, in Julian, W.Va., he was the son of William Carpenter and Eva Mae Tyler Carpenter.
He was the husband of the late Mable Carpenter. He was a retired CMSGT in the Air Force for 30 years
He is survived by a daughter and son-in-law, Carol L. and John E. “Jack” McElwee of Aiken S.C.; grandchildren and great-grandchildren, Erik and Jennifer Hernandez and their children, Evan, Alex and Adam of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Dennis and Shalom Hernandez and their children, Amy and Ashby, of Greensboro, N.C., Lyndsi and Kevin Donahue and their children, Nash, Dax and Avynlee Rae of Corpus Christi, Texas, and Paul McElwee and Megan Wardlaw of Denton, Texas; and dear friends, Claire McElwee of Aiken, S.C., Carolyn, Bill and Charley Davis of Vardaman.
He was preceded in death by a his wife; his parents; and a brother, Truman Carpenter.
A funeral service will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, May 31, at Elzey Memorial Chapel with the Bro. Billy McCord officiating. Interment and Military Honors will be in Elzey Cemetery, Vardaman. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
The family will receive friends from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home, Vardaman.
Online condolences may be made to the family at ParkerMemorialFuneralHomes.com
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Man falls from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- HISD refines drug testing policy January 20, 2017
- Qualifying begins for city elections January 19, 2017
- Houlka mourns death of former mayor January 19, 2017
- ICC hosts Leadoff Banquet January 19, 2017
- Never to be forgotten January 22, 2017
- WEDDING: Darphin/Brand January 22, 2017
- Area crappie gathering in big schools. January 21, 2017
- TONY COOK: Let’s pray for our schools January 21, 2017
- ICC Fall graduates named January 21, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago