WEST POINT – Betty McKinley Morgan, 80, passed away on Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was born Aug. 5, 1933, in Choctaw County in the Panhandle community, the daughter of Emmette Carl and Della Myrtice Cummings McKinley.
She was a charter member of Christ United Methodist Church in West Point. She was the co-owner and bookkeeper for Morgan Construction Company. She married Freddy Clyde Morgan on March 30, 1956, at Mt. Zion Presbyterian Church in the Panhandle community. He passed away Sept. 28, 2008. In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by one brother, Talmadge Carl McKinley, and by one sister, Kathryn McKinley Haggard.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, May 29, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Mike Hunter officiating. Burial will follow in Memorial Garden Cemetery in West Point. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Sarah Juckes (Mark) of Houston; two sons, Jimmy Morgan (Liz) of West Point and Anthony Morgan (Sally) of Tupelo; three grandchildren, Dana Morgan, Allison Ulmer (Brad) and Chad Lawson (Paula); and four great-grandchildren, Austin and Paisley Ulmer and Noah and Elijah Lawson.
Pallbearers will be Adam Boggan, Scott Wilson, David Morgan, Stephen Smith, Barry Morgan and Scott Smith. Honorary pallbearers will be the Christ United Methodist Church family and the staff of FernBrooke Personal Care Home of Houston.
Memorials may be made to Christ United Methodist Church, 1230 Oak Drive, West Point, MS 39773 or to Gideons International, P.O. Box 661, West Point, MS 39773.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Doing the most for your dog February 12, 2017
- McMullen signs with Blue Mountain February 16, 2017
- HHS and Community Choir to sing February 16, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- Turkey harvest reporting planned for spring February 18, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Americans need help fast February 18, 2017
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- Semper Fidelis February 17, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago