Chickasaw farmers eligible for disaster loans
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Emergency loans for farmers, ranchers and operators are available through the Chickasaw County Office of the Farm Service Agency following the April 28 storms that swept Northeast Mississippi.
According to James A. Love, FSA Farm Loan Manager, this authority is pursuant to Administrator Garcia’s declaration on May 12, 2014, of a major disaster in Mississippi caused by high winds, lightning, and tornadoes that occurred on April 28, 2014. Chickasaw County is contiguous to the primary natural disaster area.
Applications for assistance in the disaster-stricken county will be accepted by FSA through Jan. 12, 2015.
Farmers qualifying for emergency loans may borrow up to 100 percent of their actual physical loss or the amount needed to restore their operation to its pre-disaster condition, whichever is less. The new emergency loan and outstanding principal balance of any existing emergency loan owed by the applicant or any individual member of an entity cannot exceed $500,000.
FSA emergency loans cover losses from designated disasters and are made to qualified farmers who cannot obtain credit from other lenders in the local area.
For details on this program contact, Roxie P. Brock, Farm Loan Technician for Farm Service Agency, at 662-456-1499 ext. 103.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- FSA offers livestock forage disaster relief October 14, 2016
- ICC names CenterStage members October 18, 2016
- McQuary shines in Maroon and Gray scrimmage October 18, 2016
- AP PREP POLL: Houston ranked No. 2 in 4A, Pontotoc No. 3 October 18, 2016
- Former Miss. state senator Irb Benjamin pleads guilty to bribery October 18, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- Few storms, small hail expected tonight and Thursday October 19, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago