Chiefs host Bulldogs in spring jambo
The Okolona Chieftains didn’t quite get the final result they were looking for but certainly stood their ground against the Aberdeen Bulldogs in the spring jamboree May 15.
The 3A Bulldogs took a 34-22 win over the 2A Chieftains but Okolona coach Jack Clark saw plenty of positive action on the field.
“(It was a) competitive matchup,” Clark said. “Played a lot of kids. Did a lot of good things on both sides of the ball but also found a lot of things to work on during the summer and into the fall.”
The Chieftains capped the 2013 campaign with a trip to the first round of playoffs and Clark is hoping to go further this fall. Clark just completed his first year with the team after coming in during the summer months.
“(I) feel we are ahead of where we were this time last year mostly because of the leadership the players have shown,” Clark said.
The Chiefs will lose six seniors to graduation, including quarterback Jacolbi Heard, but Clark believes the team is ready to reload and come out strong in the fall.
“We had some holes to fill but I feel like some of the younger kids stepped up and the upper classmen showed leadership,” Clark said. “We’ve got a lot of work to get done this summer.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Houlka fights to end against Biggersville October 26, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago