Safari for success
HOUSTON – Houston Lower Elementary School presented its final assembly, “HLES is on a Safari for Success,” featuring a total of four homerooms in kindergarten to second grade.
Special class teachers, Emily Peel, Christy Watkins and Ann Weaver created and directed these shows, which displayed students’ talents and increased their skills in public speaking and performance.
“As a parent of a kindergarten student at this school, I appreciate the special class teachers’ creativity and hard work to put on these programs,” said Crystel Ellison, HLES school counselor and parent. “I am thankful for all the ones, past and present, who have used their talents to create memorable programs for our children.”
Students from Kelli Koon’s, Marsha Rimmer’s, June Kirby’s and Patricia Collins’ homerooms performed.
Lisa Johnson volunteered her time by playing the piano for all three programs and the other special class teachers helped out by watching the remaining classes.
First and second graders performed jungle-themed songs and chants. Kindergarten students showcased the skills and information they have learned this year.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago