Houston fishing rodeo is Saturday
The Chickasaw Development Foundation and the Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club will host the first annual Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids with registration starting at 6 a.m.
“The fishing actually starts at 7, but we do require children be registered to qualify for prizes,” said John Walden, CDF Board Chairman. “First, we want this to be a family fun event, but we will be giving away prizes to the best fisherman.”
The tournament is open to anyone under the age of 16 and all fishermen must be accompanied by an adult.
Prizes will be given away for the biggest fish, the largest stringer and the smallest fish. All fish must be taken from Legion Lake by registered tournament anglers between 7 and 10 a.m., June 7.
Winners will have their name and photo taken for publication in the Chickasaw Journal the following Wednesday.
Anglers need to bring their own rods, reels, poles, bait and tackle.
The tournament will be run by the Houston Hawg Callers bass fishing club.
“We are urging parents and grandparents to bring their kids out and bring a chair,” said Walden. “We are hoping for good weather and are urging families to wake up and come out for some fishing fun in Houston.”
Walden said the weigh-in will be at 10 a.m. and the tournament should wrap up by 11.
“Legion Lake really is a jewel for this community and the Chickasaw Development Foundation is looking for ways we can promote it and see it improved,” said Walden. “It really is a nice lake and it’s right in the center of town.”
Legion Lake is located on the north side of West Dulaney Street and is easily accessed by turning west off of Highway 15 or North Jackson Street onto First Avenue and then left on 3rd Street.
For details on the Legion Lake Lunker Fishing Tournament for Kids call the Chickasaw Development Foundation at 456-2321.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA March 16, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Busy as a bee March 20, 2017
- Jobless rate up in January March 20, 2017
- Local artist on display at ICC March 20, 2017
- HHS Student of the Month March 20, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- McQuary throws in SEC tilt March 22, 2017
- Extra Innings! March 22, 2017
- Lady Rams fight for comeback win March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago