HOUSTON — Jeannette Patterson Hood Scott Davis, 95, passed away peacefully on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. James M. Hood of Houlka.
She graduated from Houlka High School, where she was the first, Miss Houlka, and attended Blue Mountain College. She was a member of the Houston Presbyterian Church and was active for many years with the Women of the Church. She was a member of the Twentieth Century Club and the Eastern Star. She was the widow of William Hill Scott of Houston, and Thomas Baker Davis of Van Vleet.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the 11 a.m. funeral service conducted by Mr. Don Locke at Houston Funeral Home on Thursday, June 12. Burial will follow at Houston Cemetery. Houston Funeral Home in Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her daughters, Mary Ann Scott Wright of Newton, and Nancy Scott Hill (Bill Green) of Asheville, NC; her sister, Lilly Frances Reed of New Albany; her brother, James M. Hood, Jr. (Nell) of Houston; her grand-children Richard Scott Wright (Donna) of Hernando; Melissa Wright Gulick (Greg) of Germantown, Tenn; and Christye Wright Gilliland (Scott) of Lakeland, TN; and her six sweet great-grandchildren, along with several close nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers are Jim Hood, Tom Hood, Scott Gilliland, Greg Gulick, John Atkinson, and Allen Crosthewait. Honorary pallbearers are Bob Scott, Dyer Atkinson, Bill McGill, James Hood McGill, and Mr. John Calvin.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to either the Houston Presbyterian Church, 221 W. Washington Street, Houston, MS, 38851, or St. Jude Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN, 38105.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona tightens city policies April 18, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Lifecore book drive says thank you April 21, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- Senior citizen seminar set April 25, 2017
- Principal John Ellison honored by state April 24, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago