HOUSTON — Jeannette Patterson Hood Scott Davis, 95, passed away peacefully on Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Trace Regional Hospital in Houston. She was the daughter of Dr. and Mrs. James M. Hood of Houlka.
She graduated from Houlka High School, where she was the first, Miss Houlka, and attended Blue Mountain College. She was a member of the Houston Presbyterian Church and was active for many years with the Women of the Church. She was a member of the Twentieth Century Club and the Eastern Star. She was the widow of William Hill Scott of Houston, and Thomas Baker Davis of Van Vleet.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the 11 a.m. funeral service conducted by Mr. Don Locke at Houston Funeral Home on Thursday, June 12. Burial will follow at Houston Cemetery. Houston Funeral Home in Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her daughters, Mary Ann Scott Wright of Newton, and Nancy Scott Hill (Bill Green) of Asheville, NC; her sister, Lilly Frances Reed of New Albany; her brother, James M. Hood, Jr. (Nell) of Houston; her grand-children Richard Scott Wright (Donna) of Hernando; Melissa Wright Gulick (Greg) of Germantown, Tenn; and Christye Wright Gilliland (Scott) of Lakeland, TN; and her six sweet great-grandchildren, along with several close nieces and nephews.
Pallbearers are Jim Hood, Tom Hood, Scott Gilliland, Greg Gulick, John Atkinson, and Allen Crosthewait. Honorary pallbearers are Bob Scott, Dyer Atkinson, Bill McGill, James Hood McGill, and Mr. John Calvin.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to either the Houston Presbyterian Church, 221 W. Washington Street, Houston, MS, 38851, or St. Jude Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN, 38105.
Friends and family may sign and leave a message at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago