Jimmy Don Hardin
PITTSBORO – Jimmy Don Hardin, 61, died Saturday, June 7, 2014, at Baptist Medical Center in Jackson. He was born on Oct. 5, 1952, in Vardaman. He was a member of the Poplar Springs Baptist Church. He was the president of Hardin Trucking since 1983 and a cattleman and a farmer. He was an active member of the Miller Industries Race Recovery Team Since 1999. He served six years in the Mississippi National Guard. He loved his faithful dog, Lacey Jane.
Services will be 11 a.m. Tuesday, June 10, at Poplar Springs Baptist Church with Bro. Benny Hill officiating and Bro. Robert Earl Alexander assisting. Burial will be in Poplar Springs Cemetery in Vardaman. Parker Memorial Funeral Homes, Inc. of Bruce is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by one daughter, Deidra Thrasher and husband, Steven of Ewa Beach, Hawaii; his mother, Goldie Bailey Hardin of Pittsboro; his fiancée, Susan George of Woodland; one sister, Karan Hardin Nester and husband, Chuck of Bruce; three brothers, Danny Hardin and wife, Donna of Bruce, Roncie Hardin and wife, SaDenna of Pittsboro and Harvey Hardin and wife, Cindy of Big Creek; three stepdaughters, Sherrie Springer, Leigh Anna Springer and her son, Alden and Whitney George; three grandchildren, Hardin, Hudson and Hensley Thrasher; and a host of nieces and nephews and great-nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, Harvey Lafayette (Fate) Hardin Sr.; and a nephew, Little Dan Hardin.
Pallbearers are Gary Edwards, Danny Hardin, David Hardin, Don Hardin, Harvey Hardin, James K. Hardin, Kenneth Hardin, Roncie Hardin and Billy Simonin.
Honorary pallbearers are Chad Dauzat, Dustin Hardin, Trey Hardin, Dylan Mullen, Tripp Nestor, Toby Parker and Jerry Wilbourn.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home in Bruce.
In lieu of flowers, memorials maybe made to the Poplar Springs Baptist Church Building Fund, c/o Mrs. Goldie Hardin, 496 CR 136, Pittsboro, MS 38951.
Online condolences may be made @www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Woman dies in Natchez Trace accident October 26, 2016
- Friday’s playoff picture October 28, 2016
- Pink Ribbon Fall 5K winners October 28, 2016
- Chris Jones featured on billboards October 28, 2016
- Molly May offers smiles, scarves, hope October 28, 2016
- Moving day at the Museum October 28, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago