Wrapping wins in maroon
Houston Maroon had a successful week on the diamond, picking up three wins in two days of action.
The Houston boys hosted Vardaman June 2 and started off strong in Game One holding a 2-0 lead through the second before the Rams got on the board.
The Rams scored in the top of the third with Brandon Washington reaching on a bunt, stealing second, advancing on a single by Trae Owens and crossing home on a pass ball.
But that was as much as the Rams would get.
In the bottom of the frame, Houston Maroon’s Garrett Hurst started things off with a triple to center and scored on Kylan Carter’s double. Layton Burdine sent Carter home on a single and Maroon opened up the scoring to 4-1.
Maroon added a run in the fourth and three in the fifth on their way to a 10-1 win.
The Houston boys picked up another win, 8-1 in Game Two.
Coaches Derrick Kirby and Scott Gann are coaching Houston Maroon and Houston White in tandem and Kirby was on duty for the double-header win over Vardaman.
“The guys seem to be working together well,” Kirby said. “Some of them are at new positions. They are eager to learn and want to start their own chapeter in HHS baseball.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago