Rams on summer schedule
Blue and white is still on the baseball diamond as the Vardaman Rams have switched over to the summer season.
The Rams struggled some during the regular season and are using the summer to boost the program with extra playing time.
“The more playing time they get, the better they become,” said coach Brad Spencer. “We are a young team, but most of the kids that are playing now played as they were kids and several play competitive travel ball in their spare time.”
The Rams will be on an abbreviated schedule this summer playing close to home with familiar foes like Houlka, East Webster and Bruce and will face some good competition.
“Our area in this part of the state is blessed with talented kids,” Spencer said. “Just look at our divison.”
Spencer and the coaching crew will be using this off-season to help prepare the young club for next spring’s season.
“This upcoming year there will be some heads turned because our boys might be young but they are gritty and really good athletes,” Spencer said.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Prescott earns NCAA honor December 7, 2016
- Chickasaw burn ban lifted December 8, 2016
- McDonald’s Playground December 10, 2016
- Margaret Hollingsworth recipes December 10, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: What color is homelessness? December 10, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago