Two hurt in Trebloc accident
The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department was called to County Road 406 in Trebloc last week with the driver airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center and an 8-year-old male passenger carried to the hospital by ambulance.
“When we arrived on the scene we found the driver shaken up and going in an out of consciousness,” said Chickasaw County Deputy Jimmy Rappe. “The boy also had a bump on his head and we were concerned about his condition, too.”
Rappe said the car was driven by Eddie Griffin, Jr., of Chickasaw County. Griffin told Rappe a deer ran across the road and prompted him to lose control of the vehicle.
“It looked like the vehicle rolled over at least once,” said Rappe. “It caught fire and was totally destroyed by the fire.”
No citation was issued, but Rappe said the accident was still under investigation.
Southeast Volunteer Fire Department, Transcare and Okolona Fire Chief Terry Tucker also responded to the call.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Drought relief for farmers September 21, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Is Hillary’s health our biggest problem? September 24, 2016
- WEEK 6: High School Football Scores September 24, 2016
- Saturday morning injury clinic for area athletes. September 24, 2016
- Houston to host WMU fall meeting September 25, 2016
- AP PREP POLL: Houston ranked 5th in 4A September 27, 2016
- Waterfowl season dates told September 27, 2016
- Fight brought to Houston PD September 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A place called Houston September 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County legislator was near New York terrorist attack September 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago