TUPELO – Gustave “Gus” Victor Crippen, 59, died Monday, June 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born in Cairo, Ill., he had lived in the Tupelo area for the last 22 years.
He had worked in the foam/furniture industry his entire working life and was currently plant manager at VIP Cinema Seating in New Albany. Music, movies, crossword puzzles and the Indianapolis 500 were things he enjoyed. He took pleasure in the company of his friends at the American Legion Post 149. His greatest joy was spending time with his family.
Visitation will be held Wednesday, June 18, from noon to 2 p.m. at The Orchard in Tupelo with a memorial service following at 2 p.m. at the church. Coleman Funeral Home of Oxford was in charge of local arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Phyllis Alldred Crippen of Tupelo; two daughters, Harmony (Matt) Sheffield of Tupelo and Mackenzie (Adam) Childers of Wren; one son, Corey (Jennifer) of Columbus; two brothers, Gene Crippen of Jonesboro, Ill., and Jeff Crippen of Metropolis, Ill.; one sister, Terri Phillips of Cairo, Ill.; and four grandchildren, Bryson Sheffield, Connor Sheffield, Addison Crippen and Hudson Crippen.
His parents, Howard Crippen and Teresa Schuck Keith, preceded him in death.
Memorials may be made to The Orchard Tupelo, 1379 Coley Road, Tupelo, MS 38826.
Online condolences may be left at www.colemanfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago