Patrol car hits fallen tree
James Meyers, Chief Deputy with the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, said deputy Barry Gladney was carrying a man arrested a short time earlier for medical observation to a family member when his car hit a fallen tree on the Natchez Trace about 11 p.m. Saturday night.
Deputy Gladney was shaken up and his occupant was also banged up, but no one was hurt seriously,” said Meyers. “Our policy is everybody goes to the hospital if one of our patrol cars has an accident.”
Meyers said Gladney was northbound on the Natchez Trace a few miles north of its intersection with Highway 8. The tree had fallen across the Trace at the bottom of a hill and the officer was apparently unable to stop when he saw the obstacle.
“It did a significant amount of damage to the car,” said Meyers. “Insurance adjusters are looking at the vehicle Monday and the accident was investigated by Natchez Trace park rangers.”
Meyers said no citation was issued and both Gladney and the occupant were treated and released.
Traffic on the Natchez Trace was slowed for about an hour as emergency crews cleared the fallen tree and the patrol car from the scene.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago