Southaven Lady Tigers busy in June
HOUSTON – The Southaven Lady Tigers have been busy in June playing at a high level in their summer travel ball league
These ladies played every weekend in the month of June.
On June 7 and 8 they played four games in Tupelo that were shortened because of the rain on Saturday night. They finished second with Tupelo Express winning tournament by a score of 5-2 over Lady Tigers.
It was then off to Cape Girardeau, Mo., for a June 13-15 tourney, where the Southaven Lady Tigers finished third in the tournament with a record of seven-and-two. They played five games, back to back Sunday to earn a third place finish.
June 20 through 22 saw them in Gallatin, Tenn., where the Southaven Lady Tigers went eight games and to to finish third.
The Lady Tigers won the Mississippi 16U USFA State Tournament in Brandon, July 28-29.
They beat MS Boom 8-1 and Southwest MS Slam 8-2 on Saturday. On Sunday, they lost to Tupelo Express 4-1 and had to face MS Slam again, where they won 2-1.
This set up another meeting with Tupelo Express and Lady Tigers had to beat them twice. They pulled out two victories by scores of 8-5 and 6-3.
The Lady Tigers are coached by Butch Wells, Tom Cummins and Mike Duncan.
The Lady Tigers have one more tournament to play in Knoxville, Tenn., in a couple of weeks.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Sirens to go off Wednesday for statwide tornado drill February 21, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago