Bulldogs unveil non-SEC basketball slate
The Bulldogs released their 13-game non-conference slate on Wednesday. It features eight home outings and another at Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson on Dec. 20 against South Carolina Upstate.
MSU will welcome Western Carolina, Mississippi Valley State, Utah State, Clayton State, Arkansas State, Jacksonville, McNeese State and Florida State to Humphrey Coliseum.
The Bulldogs will travel to Tulane and Oregon State while also participating in the Corpus Christi Challenge against St. Louis and Bradley or TCU. The Mississippi Valley State and Clayton State games are also associated with the Corpus Christi Challenge.
“Our non-conference schedule is an indication of the direction of our program,” Ray said in a statement. “As our team matures and our talent level increases, our schedule reflects the belief in my team to accept bigger and better challenges. I also want to provide a great fan experience by having a team of the caliber of Florida State come in and play in The Hump. This schedule will not only prepare us for the SEC but also prepare us to have success in the SEC.”
State will play Delta State in an exhibition game in Starkville on Nov. 6 at 7 p.m. as part of homecoming weekend.
The Bulldogs will open the 2014-15 season on Nov. 14 against Western Carolina at 5:30 p.m.
Western Carolina, Clayton State and S.C.-Upstate will all be first-time opponents for Mississippi State.
During his first two seasons, Ray has posted a 17-12 non-conference record including an 11-4 mark last season. The Bulldogs are 12-2 at home in non-conference action under Ray.
Nov. 6 Delta State 7 p.m.
Nov. 14 Western Carolina 5:30 p.m.
Nov. 17 Mississippi Valley State 7 p.m.
Nov. 22 Utah State 2 p.m.
Nov. 24 Clayton State 7 p.m.
Nov. 28 St. Louis (at Corpus Christi, Texas)
Nov. 29 Bradley/TCU (at Corpus Christi, Texas)
Dec. 6 at Tulane TBA
Dec. 13 at Oregon State TBA
Dec. 17 Arkansas State 7 p.m.
Dec. 20 SC Upstate 3 p.m. (at Jackson)
Dec. 23 Jacksonville 7 p.m.
Dec. 30 McNeese State 7 p.m.
Jan. 2 Florida State 7 p.m.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago