Bulldogs unveil non-SEC basketball slate
The Bulldogs released their 13-game non-conference slate on Wednesday. It features eight home outings and another at Mississippi Coliseum in Jackson on Dec. 20 against South Carolina Upstate.
MSU will welcome Western Carolina, Mississippi Valley State, Utah State, Clayton State, Arkansas State, Jacksonville, McNeese State and Florida State to Humphrey Coliseum.
The Bulldogs will travel to Tulane and Oregon State while also participating in the Corpus Christi Challenge against St. Louis and Bradley or TCU. The Mississippi Valley State and Clayton State games are also associated with the Corpus Christi Challenge.
“Our non-conference schedule is an indication of the direction of our program,” Ray said in a statement. “As our team matures and our talent level increases, our schedule reflects the belief in my team to accept bigger and better challenges. I also want to provide a great fan experience by having a team of the caliber of Florida State come in and play in The Hump. This schedule will not only prepare us for the SEC but also prepare us to have success in the SEC.”
State will play Delta State in an exhibition game in Starkville on Nov. 6 at 7 p.m. as part of homecoming weekend.
The Bulldogs will open the 2014-15 season on Nov. 14 against Western Carolina at 5:30 p.m.
Western Carolina, Clayton State and S.C.-Upstate will all be first-time opponents for Mississippi State.
During his first two seasons, Ray has posted a 17-12 non-conference record including an 11-4 mark last season. The Bulldogs are 12-2 at home in non-conference action under Ray.
Nov. 6 Delta State 7 p.m.
Nov. 14 Western Carolina 5:30 p.m.
Nov. 17 Mississippi Valley State 7 p.m.
Nov. 22 Utah State 2 p.m.
Nov. 24 Clayton State 7 p.m.
Nov. 28 St. Louis (at Corpus Christi, Texas)
Nov. 29 Bradley/TCU (at Corpus Christi, Texas)
Dec. 6 at Tulane TBA
Dec. 13 at Oregon State TBA
Dec. 17 Arkansas State 7 p.m.
Dec. 20 SC Upstate 3 p.m. (at Jackson)
Dec. 23 Jacksonville 7 p.m.
Dec. 30 McNeese State 7 p.m.
Jan. 2 Florida State 7 p.m.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Toppers top Lafayette in first round April 26, 2017
- Round One, Game One, game won April 26, 2017
- Lady Toppers whack Shannon April 26, 2017
- Save-A-Lot to host sidewalk sale April 27, 2017
- County reviews mid-year budget April 28, 2017
- Flywheel set to spin this weekend April 28, 2017
- Calhoun County School officials face charges April 27, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun April 27, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 27, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago