Deer bag limit changes
The new regulations will provide more liberal antlerless opportunity on private lands and will better manage antlerless opportunity on U.S. Forest Service National Forests (USFS). This regulation change is intended to aid in the proper management of Mississippi’s deer herd while providing maximum opportunity to hunters without negative impacts to the resource.
On private lands only, the antlerless deer bag limit has changed to five antlerless deer per year with no daily limit. However, the antlerless deer bag limit on USFS has been reduced to three antlerless deer per year with a daily limit of one.
These bag limit changes are intended to offer more flexibility to hunters managing abundant deer herds on private lands and reduce antlerless deer harvest on USFS where lower deer densities may occur.
If hunting on Wildlife Management Areas (WMAs) or National Wildlife Refuges (NWRs), hunters need to read WMA and NWR-specific regulations as bag limits may differ among these public areas.
For more information regarding deer or deer hunting opportunities in Mississippi, visit www.mdwfp.com/deer or call (601) 432-2199.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- 28 straight! March 1, 2017
- Lady Toppers fall to No. 2 Commodores March 1, 2017
- BANG! Houlka wins shootout March 1, 2017
- East Webster girls headed to Jackson March 1, 2017
- Lady Wildcats full of youth February 28, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago