Houston’s Scott receives NSHSS honor
The Society recognizes top scholars who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, scholarship, and community commitment. The announcement was made by NSHSS Founder and Chairman Claes Nobel, a senior member of the family that established the Nobel Prizes.
“On behalf of NSHSS, I am honored to recognize the hard work, sacrifice, and commitment that Robert has demonstrated to achieve this exceptional level of academic excellence,” said Nobel. “Robert is now a member of a unique community of scholars – a community that represents our very best hope for the future.”
Membership in NSHSS entitles qualified students to enjoy a wide variety of benefits, including scholarship opportunities, free events, member-only resources, publications, participation in programs offered by educational partners, personalized recognition items and publicity honors.
“Our vision is to build a dynamic international organization that connect members with meaningful content, resources, and opportunities,” stated NSHSS President James W. Lewis. “We aim to help students like Robert build on their academic successes and enhance the skills and desires to have a positive impact on the global community.”
Formed in 2002, the National Society of High School Scholars recognizes academic excellence at the high school level and encourages members of the organization to apply their unique talents, vision, and potential for the betterment of themselves and the world.
Currently there are more than 1 million Society members in over 160 countries. NSHSS provides scholarship opportunities for deserving young people.
For more information about NSHSS visit www.nshss.org
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka buys body cams for PD August 24, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago