Special to the Chickasaw Journal College Day at HCTEC was a success with several colleges attending, including Itawamba Community College, The University of Mississippi, Mississippi State, Delta State, and many more. Students had the opportunity to meet with recruiters and talk about what they needed to do to get accepted to a college or university. […]
Archive | Business RSS feed for this section
Business News from the Monroe County Journal | North Mississippi
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – New Houlka aldermen held a short meeting Tuesday, Feb. 7 at Town Hall, and voted to continue a town worker’s temporary employment until early this spring. At the Jan. 23 meeting, aldermen continued Ty Russell’s employment in the Water Department until the board’s first meeting […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The Construction & Electrical Technology (CET) Program at Houston Career and Technology Education Center a two year skills program that teaches basic construction, wiring, welding, and safety in construction. Construction & Electrical Technology is an instructional program that prepares an individual for employment or continued education in the occupations […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal VARDAMAN – A national movement became a local reality for schools and at least one business in Vardaman Thursday. Billed as “A Day Without Immigrants” and calling for a national strike against President Donald Trump’s immigration policy, the national event seeks to call attention to the contributions of immigrants to […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Teacher Academy is another new program at HCTEC. The Teacher Academy gives students an authentic look at becoming an educator. Beginning with classroom instruction on different learning styles and classroom methods, students will progress to working side by side with a teacher/mentor in the classroom. A significant component of the […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A larger than usual crowd took part in Thursday’s annual Chickasaw County Soil and Water Conservation seedling giveaway last week. Volunteers and staff gave away more than 1,800 seedlings in eight different varieties at its annual event Feb. 16 at the Extension offices on Lee Horn Drive. The […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The AEST Program includes all the Agriculture Science Classes which are: Concepts of Agriculture Science, Plant Science, Animal Science, Environmental Science, and Agribusiness. The AEST (Agriculture, Environmental Science and Technology) department prepares students for the future. Students taking AEST courses are prepared to apply gained knowledge to new experiences and […]
It’s cliché but today’s young people really are the future. Take a long hard look at today’s youth and you will quickly see what Chickasaw County, Mississippi and this country will look like in 10 or 15 years. It’s easy to get all riled up over kids that wear their pants too low or have […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Chickasaw County Supervisors are looking at ways to make a monthly bill for the regional jail match a monthly revenue stream from the state. The county pays a monthly note on bonds that built the Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility and is paid by the state to house […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Sundancer was featured in a documentary film that debuted last week at cinemas around the country and part of that rollout saw her put on display at the Smithsonian Institute in Washington, D.C. Houston Solar Car team members also headed out to Washington, Chattanooga, Birmingham and Huntsville Ala., […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Did you get a new iPhone or iPad for Christmas and now you want to know how to use more bells and whistles on this gadget? Registration is underway for a day introduction to the iPad/iPhone with a class to be offered at the Houston WIN Job Center […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Chickasaw Supervisors discussed the resignation of the county’s industrial development contact last week and pondered ways to spark jobs growth and community development. Josh West resigned Jan. 31 as Chickasaw County industrial development liaison with Three Rivers Planning and Development District. West served in the Community and Economic […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The name has changed but the work of local people in this ministry has not. Houston Habitat for Humanity became Fuller Center for Houston this month and members hope the change will be a better fit and help the agency as it seeks to provide affordable housing for […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal The Chickasaw County Soil & Water Conservation District will be giving away trees again this year in celebration of Arbor Day. This year’s selection will have saw tooth oak, bald cypress, black walnut, persimmon, eastern redbud, river birch and white flowering dogwood. Trees will be given away Thursday, Feb. 16, […]
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- Dilworth signs to play basketball February 28, 2017
- Houlka eager to break through in Class 1A February 28, 2017
- Health Science teaches care February 28, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago