Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The following children were chosen Student of the Week at Houston Upper Elementary School for Nov. 14 through Nov. 18, 2016. They are listed by teacher’s last name and student’s full name. Third Grade Brock- Cara Pearson McFarland- Ella Martin Moss- Tyson Alford Newell- Shajuantis Bingham Rimmer- Jontavis […]
Archive | Living RSS feed for this section
Living Section – Family, Cooking, Fitness, Life, Love and Loss | Monroe County Journal
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – In this season of plenty and giving, it’s hard to think of people going hungry in Chickasaw County. The Chickasaw County/MSU Extension Service is spearheading the annual Food for Families drive again this year and all collections of canned and non-perishable food items donated by area residents will […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Charles Wayne Spencer, a senior, is the September Student of the Month at Houston High School. Upon graduation, Spencer plans to attend Ole Miss and pursue a career in pharmacy. Spencer plays wide receiver for the HHS Football Team and is an infielder for the 2016 4A State Championship Hilltopper […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Christmas will be here in two months and Christmas also comes to those in prison. The Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility through Cornerstone Church is collecting items for their annual Christmas Gift Bag drive and is asking local churches, civic clubs and individuals to think about giving. Each […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal BLUE MOUNTAIN – Blue Mountain College’s Department of Education held its annual initiation into the Kappa Delta Pi honor society recently. Beth Rinehart, a sophomore elementary education (K-6) major from Woodland, was one of the 23 new initiates. Membership is open only to the top 20 percent of those entering […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA — Sonia Fuller, activity assistant for North Mississippi Medical Center-Pontotoc Rehabilitation Services, has been named to NMMC’s All Star Team for 2016. Fuller was recognized by NMMC’s Stars Online program for outstanding performance throughout the year. NMMC launched the Stars Online program in 1999 to recognize employees who exhibit […]
“Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad; for who is able to judge this thy so great a people?” – 1 Kings 3:9 Every day all of us have an opportunity to either do what is right or to do what is wrong. […]
Duo initiated to honor society at Ole Miss. BATON ROUGE, La. – The following local residents recently were initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines: • Cody Turman, of Houlka, was initiated at The University of Mississippi. • Anna Archer, […]
My wife’s birthday was Nov. 5. When a friend gets in trouble by forgetting his wife’s birthday or anniversary, I smirk. “Marry a woman born on Guy Fawkes Day on Christmas and you’ll remember.” Formerly, Guy Fawkes was of interest only to history buffs, but recently youngsters wearing Guy Fawkes masks to parties, and an […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal MANTEE – Dr. Danny G. Willis was inducted as a Fellow in the American Academy of Nursing on Oct. 22, 2016, in Washington, DC. Dr. Willis, formerly of Mantee, is a graduate of Cumberland High School and received his Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from the University of Mississippi […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Sixty-three Itawamba Community College students have been selected to Who’s Who Among Students in American Junior/Community Colleges with 22 from the Chickasaw Journal readership area They include: Aberdeen – Tucker Robbins; Amory – Abby C. Cantrell, Kanisha R. Howard, Adrian Moffett, Yen N. Nguyen; Ecru – Bailey […]
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Spencer named HHS Student of Month December 7, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Tis the season to recycle December 9, 2016
- Food For Families drop off is Friday December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw dodges storm December 8, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago