Special to the Chickasaw Journal BLUE MOUNTAIN – Students from the area were named to the President’s and Dean’s lists for the spring 2016 semester at Blue Mountain College. The President’s List is an academic honor awarded to students who have completed 12 or more semester hours with a 4.00 average for the semester. Local […]
Archive | News RSS feed for this section
News from the Chickasaw Journal in North Mississippi
Special to the Chickasaw Journal RAYMOND — Hinds Community College graduated nearly 1,200 over the three days of ceremonies on May 12, 13 and 15, with more than 800 participating in one of the ceremonies. Among those who graduated was David Ching II of Houston. Of the total number of graduates, 127 graduated summa cum […]
I’ve been involved in benevolent projects for many years. Most of these efforts have been buying and distributing food and clothes for the very poor. In recent years I have been involved in Safe Fresh water wells for rural South Africa. As long as I live I will be involved in some type of Christian […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal SENATOBIA — The President’s List and Dean’s List for the Spring 2016 semester at Northwest Mississippi Community College have been released by college officials. Those students completing 12 or more semester hours with a grade point average of 3.75 or better in a four-point system are on the President’s List. […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal CHICKASAW COUNTY – The number of third graders in the Chickasaw County and Okolona school districts who passed the Mississippi reading assessment test on their first try this year was below the state average, according to recently-released test results. The number of Chickasaw district children who passed […]
Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It’s a new day and time for Houston Hilltopper football. With William Cook stepping down as head football coach to join the administration, Ty Hardin was chosen to lead the Hilltoppers this fall. It was an easy fit. Hardin, the former defensive coordinator, for the Toppers […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A man arrested Monday night was found dead in his cell at the Chickasaw County Jail Tuesday morning. Chickasaw County Sheriff James Meyers said the man was found unresponsive during a morning breakfast call between 5:30 and 5:45 a.m. today. He said the name of the man is […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – Three of the 10 young men named to the Daily Journal Area Baseball team are from Houston. And only one of that trio is a senior. Hilltoppers Luke Hancock, Denver McQuary and Tanner Smith were named to the prestigious Daily Journal diamond squad and join a bevy of […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal PONTOTOC – A Houlka man who was indicted by a Pontotoc County grand jury in May 2014 on a charge of false representation of exposure to a harmful bio substance has pled guilty to that charge and has been sentenced. Bobby Carl Hill, 72, of Houlka, pled guilty to the […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Every little girl dreams of being a cheerleader at some point in her life and more than 70 girls had part of that dream come true last week. The Houston High School Cheerleaders held their annual summer camp at Houston Middle School with youngster learning cheers, chants and […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Being a good neighbor has a place in the business community and Franklin Corporation is taking the lead in providing a green workplace both inside and outside its buildings. And that perspective starts on the grounds of the furniture factory in north Houston and continues to the production […]
Good fishing requires positioning. Baiting your hook and dropping it in a place where there are fish is a start to successful fishing. A salesman needs prospects and attitude. One shoe salesman was sent to Africa and called home crying, “Get me out of here! Nobody wears shoes!” Another salesman was sent and called back […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago