ABERDEEN – Johnnie M. Shaw, 90, of Aberdeen, died Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 3, 1924, in the Egypt Community to Elbert Ray Davis and Mattie Sue Davis. She was a member of New Hebron M.B. Church. She loved cooking, gardening and spending time with her family. […]
Archive | Obituaries RSS feed for this section
Monroe County Obituaries
TUPELO – Herbert Raymond “”Ray”” Goodman died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, in Tupelo. He was born in El Paso, Texas, Oct. 31, 1932, the son of Herbert Hatton Goodman and Hattie Mae Crosby Goodman. They moved to Summerland, his mother’s hometown, when he was five years old. In 1943 they moved to Laurel, where he […]
PONTOTOC – Clara Mae Young Campbell, 96, passed away Tuesday, May 20, 2014, in Pensacola, Florida. She was born Aug. 25, 1917, in Foulke, Arkansas, and was a member of Buckhorn Church of Christ. A graveside service was held Thursday, May 22, 2014, at Pontotoc Memorial Garden. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc was in […]
HOUSTON – Maggie B. Baskin Bafford, 67, died Monday, May 19, 2014 at her residence. She was born May 18, 1947, in Chickasaw County to Willie Baskin and Maggie Matthews Baskin. She was a member of Zion Spring M.B. Church, Houston. She was a former employee of Burris and Cooper Tire. She was a 1965 […]
ABERDEEN – The Rev. James Ronald “Ron” Williams, 77, died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo following a brief illness. He was born in Aberdeen on May 10, 1937, to Luther Williams Sr. and Ruby Sanders Williams. At an early age, he moved to Okolona where he attended the public […]
TUPELO – William Evans “Bull” Doss, 57, died Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at his home.He was born Nov. 2, 1956, in Houston to John William Doss and Betty Jo Prescott Doss.Services will be 10 a.m. Saturday at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Bobby Brock officiating. Burial will follow at Macedonia Cemetery in […]
CALHOUN CITY – Donald Lee Goodson, 58, died Thursday, May 15, 2014, at his home. He was born Dec. 1, 1955, in Vardaman to James Washington Goodson and Wilma Christian Barbee Goodson. He was a customer service employee for Med-Life in Calhoun City and a member of New Gauley Baptist Church. Services will be at […]
CALHOUN CITY – Willie Q. Frazier, 56, died Sunday, May 18, 2014, at Calhoun City Nursing Home. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce.
TUPELO – Aline McFarland Cunningham, 87, died Monday, May 19, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice in Tupelo. She was formally of Houston. She was born April 25, 1927, in Orange County, Texas, to Jay Hugh Davis McFarland and May Maddy McFarland. She was a homemaker. She was a member of First Baptist Church, […]
HOUSTON – Maggie B. Baskin died Monday, May 19, 2014, at her residence. Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Williams Memorial Funeral Home of Okolona.
HOUSTON – Robert E. “R.E.” Vance, 83, of Houston, died Friday, May 16, 2014, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was born April 6, 1931, in Clay County to Frank Burkett Vance and Mary Elizabeth Walls Vance. He was a retired fitting welder for B&W, a member of Macedonia United Methodist Church, a Purple Heart recipient […]
WEST POINT – Thomas G. Osborne, 75, passed away Friday, May 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 29, 1938, in Calhoun City the son of William Gates “Buddy” and Ora Fay Chrestman Osborne. He was a Baptist and an industrial plumber. He was a United States Army veteran of the Vietnam […]
PONTOTOC – Mickey Quinton Munlin, 59, of Pontotoc, passed away Friday, May 16, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born in Pontotoc and graduated in 1973 from Pontotoc High School. He spent the last 17 years working for Pontotoc County. He enjoyed playing cards, pool and dominos with his friends at […]
PHEBA – Polly Gibson Millsaps, 95, passed away Friday, May 16, 2014, at her residence in Pheba. She was born Oct. 26, 1919, in Pheba, the daughter of William Columbus and Myrtle Kimbrell Gibson. She was a member of Pheba United Methodist Church. She was a cafeteria worker in Clay County High School for a […]
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- McDonald’s Playground December 10, 2016
- Margaret Hollingsworth recipes December 10, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: What color is homelessness? December 10, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago