By David Wheeler Special to the Journal The logistics of weather and sports, especially during the playoffs, can create quick game changes. Such is the case of the Class 1A, 4A and 5A state semifinal baseball games, which have been moved to today in an effort to avoid the forecast of bad weather for Thursday. […]
Tag Archives | 4A
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – If you want to beat the best you have to play the best. Ezra Blissard is doing just that, having recently competed in the Association of Tennis Professionals Futures event in Destin, Fla. Blissard, 17, of Houston High School was matched with Vinicio Hadlich, […]
First Round, Nov. 6 CLASS 2A North Eupora at Baldwyn JZ George at Leflore County East Union at Calhoun City West Bolivar at Strayhorn West Tallahatchie at O’Bannon Winona at Mantachie South Delta at Coahoma AHS Walnut at East Webster South North Forrest at Bay Springs Pisgah at Amite County Heidelberg at Mize Prentiss at […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal Houston senior DB Denver McQuary is two interceptions away from tying the state record of 30. Teams are going to have to throw it toward him if he has a chance. McQuary has two regular season games left and is still chasing the mark four players own, including NFL great […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal PEARL – If the throw had been bobbled even for a split second, Garrison Howell would have been safe and would have likely later tied the game. It wasn’t bobbled. He wasn’t safe. And Houston lost its Class 4A series opener 3-2 to St. Stanislaus on Wednesday at Trustmark Park. […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Ezra Blissard is a good tennis player, and netters around the state found out just how good he was last week at the MHSAA Tennis Finals. Blissard to the Boys 4A Singles Tennis championship match 6-3, 2-6, 6-3 in a two-hour match against an older opponent from […]
by Melissa Meador Monroe Journal AMORY – The way the first two games went, anything less than a dramatic finish would have been unexpected between Amory and Houston in their 4A baseball playoff series. Game 3 didn’t disappoint. Houston held off a seventh-inning comeback from the Panthers to win 2-1. They move on to face […]
- Houlka Cornbread Festival set for Oct. 8 August 17, 2016
- Okolona woman rediscovers her voice August 20, 2016
- MDOT moves forward with Hwy. 15 work August 21, 2016
- JASON BROOKS: CDF thanks picnic area donors August 21, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week August 21, 2016
- Okolona man in custody after high speed chase August 23, 2016
- Crime victims get $3.7 million in compensation August 23, 2016
- Sheriff seeks info in cemetery vandalism August 23, 2016
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- West Nile case reported in Chickasaw County August 22, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...