By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – Legislation that would allow students in C, D and F school systems to cross district lines to attend charter schools passed the House Monday. Earlier this session, in the House Education Committee, Rep. Charles Busby, R-Pascagoula, a key charter school proponent, said of the legislation, “it […]
Tag Archives | Airport
Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Airports in Houston and Okolona are part of a group of 35 airports across the state that will benefit from more than $10 million in federal Airport Improvement Program (AIP) grants awarded last week by the U.S. Department of Transportation. AIP grants awarded to Mississippi in recent weeks […]
JACKSON (AP) – The Federal Aviation Administration is giving 14 Mississippi airports a total of more than $4.8 million to improve safety and operations. Houston will see an airplane hanger built and Okolona will see improvements to the terminal building. Airports at Bay St. Louis, Belzoni, Belmont, Clarksdale, Columbia, Columbus, Corinth, the Golden Triangle, Grenada, […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...