Special to the Chickasaw Journal. FULTON – Several area residents were among those who earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees or certificates at the conclusion of the 2015 spring semester at Itawamba Community College. Students are listed by hometown, name and degree and include: Algoma – Dakota A. Long, A.A.S.; […]
Tag Archives | Algoma
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man is the first person to trek all 44-miles of the Tanglefoot Trail in a day in a wheelchair. “It’s actually 43.6 miles,” said a tired but smiling Robbie Pipkin. “I am worn slap out, but I’m so glad I did this. I am so glad I did this.” Pipkin […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – He rolled the Tanglefoot Trail from Algoma to Houston Thursday in about six hours, which is just under half the length of the 44-mile trail. Robbie Pipkin, 44, of Houston, rolled his wheelchair from Algoma to Houston last week in preparation for a fundraiser that will see him go the entire length […]
PONTOTOC – Auvergean Pennington Jones, 79, passed away Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at her residence in Pontotoc County. She was born April 1, 1935, to Horace and Izella McWhirter Stalnaker in the Springville community. She attended Algoma High School. She was a devoted wife, loving mother and grandmother and was “Mama” to all who knew […]
ALGOMA –Billy Derl “”Earl”” Aron, 55, of Algoma, passed away Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013, at home. He loved hunting, fishing and hanging out at the Shop with family and friends. He also loved spending time with his grandchildren. A memorial service will be 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc […]
PONTOTOC – Carl Winford Skelton, 76, died Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was a 1956 graduate of Algoma High School, he was an Air Force veteran and a business owner. He was the founder of Triangle Service, beginning in 1978 and retiring in 2001. Services will be at 2 […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, […]
By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – After ten long years of planning and preparation, a grand opening date of Aug. 17 has been set for the Tanglefoot recreational trail. Chickasaw Development Foundation Director Joyce East addressed the county board of supervisors July 1 with the news. “It is exciting news,” East said. “Of course, […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...