David Helms Pontotoc Progress Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said authorities are looking for a white male and white female, who are suspects in the shooting of the Randolph Postmaster shortly after 10:30 a.m. this morning. Postmaster Virginia Duff was reportedly wounded in the arm as she fled the Randolph Post Office during an attempted […]
Tag Archives | Algoma
Special to the Chickasaw Journal. FULTON – Several area residents were among those who earned Associate of Arts or Associate of Applied Science degrees or certificates at the conclusion of the 2015 spring semester at Itawamba Community College. Students are listed by hometown, name and degree and include: Algoma – Dakota A. Long, A.A.S.; […]
HOUSTON – A Chickasaw County man is the first person to trek all 44-miles of the Tanglefoot Trail in a day in a wheelchair. “It’s actually 43.6 miles,” said a tired but smiling Robbie Pipkin. “I am worn slap out, but I’m so glad I did this. I am so glad I did this.” Pipkin […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – He rolled the Tanglefoot Trail from Algoma to Houston Thursday in about six hours, which is just under half the length of the 44-mile trail. Robbie Pipkin, 44, of Houston, rolled his wheelchair from Algoma to Houston last week in preparation for a fundraiser that will see him go the entire length […]
PONTOTOC – Auvergean Pennington Jones, 79, passed away Wednesday, April 2, 2014, at her residence in Pontotoc County. She was born April 1, 1935, to Horace and Izella McWhirter Stalnaker in the Springville community. She attended Algoma High School. She was a devoted wife, loving mother and grandmother and was “Mama” to all who knew […]
ALGOMA –Billy Derl “”Earl”” Aron, 55, of Algoma, passed away Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013, at home. He loved hunting, fishing and hanging out at the Shop with family and friends. He also loved spending time with his grandchildren. A memorial service will be 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 29, at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc […]
PONTOTOC – Carl Winford Skelton, 76, died Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013, at Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo. He was a 1956 graduate of Algoma High School, he was an Air Force veteran and a business owner. He was the founder of Triangle Service, beginning in 1978 and retiring in 2001. Services will be at 2 […]
David Helms Pontotoc Progress The tentative August 17 opening date for the Tanglefoot Trail has been postponed for at least a few more weeks while the contractor completes last minute work along the 44.5-mile route, which runs from Houston, through Pontotoc, to New Albany. Last week, officials had begun finalizing plans for trail opening ceremonies, […]
By Lisa Voyles Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – After ten long years of planning and preparation, a grand opening date of Aug. 17 has been set for the Tanglefoot recreational trail. Chickasaw Development Foundation Director Joyce East addressed the county board of supervisors July 1 with the news. “It is exciting news,” East said. “Of course, […]
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Holiday crisis, again? November 26, 2016
- Community gives thanks December 1, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 1, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...