Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A child allegedly fell out of a car in Vardaman and his mother and grandmother wisked him to the hospital in Houston when he went to sleep. The Houston Police Department responded to Gas Mart on Highway 8 West at 2:10 a.m., Wednesday and found […]
Tag Archives | Ambulance
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A 17-year-old girl is in jail and a local man is recovering from a gunshot wound to the arm after a domestic dispute escalated Tuesday night. Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles said he is not releasing the name of the girl at this time but she is being […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal The Mississippi Highway Patrol and local emergency crews and enforcement were called to a motor vehicle crash on Highway 15 Bypass just south of Houston Thursday afternoon that resulted in a death. Sergeant Criss Turnipseed, spokesman for the Mississippi Highway Patrol, said the crash happened around 3:20 p.m. near County Road […]
HOUSTON – Chickasaw County Supervisors were updated on the change of county ambulance services to a new company last week and Houston Aldermen also got a similar report. Both entities were told the switch from TransCare to MedStat Emergency Medical Services appears to have been a smooth transition, with entities who work with the new […]
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw Board of Supervisors will sign a contract with MedStat Emergency Medical Services to operate ambulances for the county. Supervisors voted Tuesday, Sept. 16, to go with the higher bid from MedStat. With Trace Regional Hospital closing its emergency room Sept. 8, the Sept. 16 decision was partially based on getting the […]
HOUSTON – When the clinic at Trace Regional closes at 9 p.m., each night, ambulance service suddenly becomes a critical care service for all residents of Chickasaw County. Trace Regional Hospital in Houston closed their emergency room Monday and replaced it with a rural clinic open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a […]
OKOLONA – Chickasaw County is glad to answer a call for help, but supervisors have asked the local ambulance service to make sure Chickasaw taxpayers are covered first. The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors met with Sheriff deputies and 911 dispatchers last week to discuss ambulance service coverage for the community. “We got a call […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – A man and a child were hurt in a one-vehicle accident that saw a car run off the road, flip and then catch fire. The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department was called to County Road 406 in Trebloc last week with the driver airlifted to North Mississippi Medical Center and an 8-year-old male […]
- MHSAA reclassifications announced November 28, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Locals named ICC Foundation scholars December 4, 2016
- DAVID HORN: We the people have voted for change December 4, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...