OKOLONA – City employees, including aldermen and the mayor, will now seek approval from the Okolona Board of Aldermen before they will be re-imbursed for travel related to city business. Aldermen voted to specify why city employees are going to seminars, annual meetings and training anywhere outside the city limits. The motion was made […]
Tag Archives | Anthony Floyd
OKOLONA – A newly elected board voted to change their appointment for Okolona Municipal Judge, but the move has been vetoed by the mayor, prompting aldermen to seek an Attorney General’s opinion on the veto power of the mayor. Okolona Mayor Louise Cole vetoed a 5-1 decision by the Okolona City Council July 2 to […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Voters in Houston and Okolona head to the polls next week to elect leadership for their communities for the next four years. Voters in both municipalities will cast a ballot for mayor and city marshal and for the alderman or city councilman for the ward where they live on Tuesday. Woodland and […]
- Coaching the game he loves March 19, 2017
- McQuary throws in SEC tilt March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Truck recovered in Pontotoc March 24, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...