By Hank Weisner Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – Things are moving toward the construction of a new school in Houlka with trustees slated to open bids Aug. 25 to replace the building that burned June 30, 2014. Trustees will open bids from contractors and construction companies at 2 p.m. that Thursday. Trustees, their […]
Tag Archives | architect
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Schneider Electric has told Houston School Board members they can probably save about $79,000 annually if they will let the company do an energy audit and manage a capital improvement and reinvestment program. Schneider account executive Emily Keith met with Trustees in a special called meeting Dec. […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – As the new Houlka Attendance Center rises from the ashes, Chickasaw County School Board Trustees went about the normal business of starting school and educating children this fall. During its Tuesday, Aug. 4, meeting Trustees heard details of a proposed new building to replace […]
HOULKA – Trustees have begun work on rebuilding the Houlka Attendance Center that was destroyed by fire two weeks ago, and the clock is ticking. Chickasaw County School trustees have been told by their insurance company they have two years, from the Wednesday, July 30 date of the fire that burned their school, to rebuild […]
HOULKA – Trustees have begun work on rebuilding the Houlka Attendance Center that was destroyed by fire last week, and the clock is ticking. Chickasaw County School trustees have been told by their insurance company they have two years, from the Wednesday, July 30 date of the fire that burned their school, to rebuild a […]
HOUSTON – A Hattiesburg architect has been hired by the Houston School Board of Trustees to assist the district with issues to fix the leaking roof at the Houston School of Science and Technology. Trustees hired the firm of Landry & Lewis P.A. To work with the district to assess the current roof, determine what […]
OHS seniors complete semester projects OKOLONA – For seniors at Okolona High School, the last semester of school was no time to slack off in Ms. Genevieve Turkett’s class. Turkett, in her first year at OHS, assigned a semester-long senior project and students showed off their creations and the results of their reserach May 8 […]
- One county courthouse discussed in Okolona October 17, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...