Special to the Chickasaw Journal JACKSON – A Pittsboro man will not get a new trial in the 2012 stabbing of a 68-year-old man. Andy Brown, 32, was convicted of murder in Calhoun County in April 2013. According to trial testimony, Brown stabbed Earlie Balford 18 times with Balford’s screwdriver. In his appeal, Brown cited […]
Tag Archives | Balford
The Associated Press PITTSBORO, Miss. (AP) — A jury in Calhoun County has found a man guilty of murder for stabbing another man to death with a screwdriver. WTVA reports the verdict was returned in Calhoun County Circuit Court Thursday afternoon against 30-year-old Andy Nichols Brown. Brown was arrested in April 2012 and charged in […]
- TOPPER PRIDE: Houston High School PTO forms, host fundraiser. November 25, 2016
- Rams looking for continued improvement November 30, 2016
- Egg Bowl notebook 2016 November 30, 2016
- Houlka leaning on veteran leadership November 30, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Shop local December 1, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Okolona shines at Lighthouse Classic December 1, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 1, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...