Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Renasant Bank south of town was robbed Tuesday morning and authorities are searching for the suspects. The suspects, two black males dressed in black with hoodies and blue bandannas over their faces, entered the bank about 10:21 a.m. and demanded cash. Tellers complied and the robbers left the bank […]
Tag Archives | Bank
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – The Mayor and City Council held a public hearing at 6 p.m. at Rockwell-Green City Auditorium Tuesday, April 5, to discuss three privately-owned blighted properties located alongside each other on West Main Street in Okolona. No action was taken following the hearing, which is […]
I’ve found as I get older that I am not wowed by great events and grand dreams that draw me so intensely. I’ve discovered it is the little things and smaller moments that catch my eye, intrigue me and make me think. Yes, I still have a couple of big ideas that I want to […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Crews were busy last week stabilizing adjacent buildings and removing debris from two collapsed building in downtown Okolona Two century-old buildings in the 200 block of West Main Street were destroyed and a third was damaged. And officials are closely watching the buildings on either side. Construction […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A thief or thieves attempting to rob a person making a night deposit at a downtown bank were foiled by alert police who then chased a suspect vehicle out of town Saturday night. Police Chief Billy Voyles said a woman was making a deposit for a business […]
By JB Clark Daily Journal TUPELO – An armed gunman who died Saturday during an attempted robbery in Phoenix, Ariz., is likely the same suspect accused of shooting two Tupelo police officers Monday, killing one and critically injuring the second, after robbing a bank. FBI investigators linked the Tupelo case to another bank robbery in Atlanta that […]
EUPORA (AP) – A Eupora police officer died Wednesday while trying to stop a vehicle believed to have been used in a failed bank robbery. Mississippi Highway Patrol Sgt. Criss Turnipseed says the unidentified officer was putting down spike strips along U.S. Highway 82 in front of the suspects’ car. Turnipseed says the driver swerved […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON — Habitat for Humanity of Houston is seeking applicants who want to partner with them for home construction. Persons who are interested in being considered should call Rev. Randy Rinehart at 542-1911 to begin the application process. All information submitted to Habitat for Humanity is confidential. Habitat does […]
BRUCE – Shirley Ann Barnes Lundy, 76, died Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, at her residence. She was born on April 16, 1936, in Houlka to Earnest Hansel and Maylene Lowery Barnes. She was a member of Bruce First Baptist Church. She was a retired bank loan officer and a homemaker. Service is at 2 p.m. […]
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...