By Jeff Eubanks and Errol Castens Daily Journal OXFORD – Cheers and chants joined speeches, pledges and resolutions Wednesday when about 2,500 supporters of University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones rallied in the Lyceum Circle to demand his continuation as UM’s leader. The IHL Board decided last Friday and reaffirmed on Monday not to extend […]
Tag Archives | Barnett
By Emily Tubb Monroe Journal AMORY – Unofficial results from Tuesday’s alcohol referendum indicate that Amory voters want to keep the town alcohol-free. For the sale, distribution and possession of light wine with an alcohol content of less than 5 percent and beer of an alcoholic content of no more than 8 percent, the vote […]
HOULKA – John Bob Williams, 71, died Tuesday, May 27, 2014, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle. He was born on Jan. 30, 1943, in Houlka to Robert R. Williams and Mary Johnson Williams. He was a member of Southside Church of Christ. He retired from the Mississippi State Highway Department where he was a maintenance […]
HOULKA – Mavis Barnett Collums, 71, died Saturday, May 3, 2014, at her home. She was born Dec. 26, 1942, to Fred Franklin Barnett and Emmie Gibson Barnett in Chickasaw County She was a member of Thorn Church of God. Services will be 2 p.m. Monday, May 4, at Thorn Church of God with Bro. […]
HOUSTON – Grace Robinson Floyd, 89 years old, of Tupelo, died Saturday, April 19, 2014, at Fern Brooke Personal Care Home, Houston, Miss. She was born on December 17, 1924, to Alfred Thomas Robinson and Nola Newcomb Robinson in Eastport, Miss. She graduated from Burnsville High School, where she played basketball and loved the sport. […]
HOUSTON – Jeanie Ray Smith Barnett, 58, died Saturday, April 12, 2014, at her home. She was born Aug. 6, 1955, to Paul Ray and Helen Smith. She was a homemaker, and a member of Church of the Lord Jesus Christ in Vardaman. She served God with her voice, singing his praises and encouraging others. […]
PONTOTOC – Stormie Rae Barnett, 64, died Monday, Dec. 23, 2013, at her residence in Russellville, Ark. Graveside services will be 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 27, at Collums Cemetery in Calhoun County. Baldwin-Nowell Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of arrangements.
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Shirley Logan recently had five generations of family attend the Christening of Caylen Groeb. Shown are, from left, Caylen, Constan Goines, Debbie Lucas, Vickie Barnett and Shirley Logan.
- One county courthouse discussed in Okolona October 17, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...