By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The federal government has rules and regulation, the state and policy and procedures and Houston will soon have it’s handbook for employees. Aldermen met in a work session last week to look at several different handbooks from surrounding municipalities and wants to […]
Tag Archives | Barry
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It was a gruesome looking wreck but no one was seriously injured. A log truck and red Dodge pickup collided on Highway 8 west of Houston about 1 p.m. Wednesday and while the accident heavily damaged both vehicles, authorities said both drivers were treated for non-life-threatening injuries […]
HOUSTON – Health insurance changed dramatically last week with the implementation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and the City of Houston is looking into how it might benefit city workers. Houston Alderman at Large Barry Springer pointed out it might be advantageous for the city to supplement health insurance for city workers […]
TUPELO – The Lee County School District filled its principal vacancy at Shannon Middle School on Tuesday, hiring Okolona Elementary Principal Barry Woods. Woods will replace Ida Brand, who had announced her decision to retire on June 27. Brand was actually the principal at Shannon Elementary last year and was transferred to SMS this summer […]
HOUSTON – The Houston Board of Alderman has tabled a vote on naming a new Houston School District Trustee after a split 2-2 vote last week. Dist. 2 Alderman Shenia Jones nominated Joe Orr for the trustee seat and was seconded by Dist. 4 Alderman Willie Mae McKinney. Dist. 1 Alderman Tony Uhiren and Dist. […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Voters in Houston and Okolona head to the polls next week to elect leadership for their communities for the next four years. Voters in both municipalities will cast a ballot for mayor and city marshal and for the alderman or city councilman for the ward where they live on Tuesday. Woodland and […]
HOUSTON – First impressions are important and Houston Aldermen want Tanglefoot Trail to give visitors to Houston a good opinion about the community. Alderman at Large Barry Springer asked fellow aldermen to join him on a Saturday tour of the trail to list property that needs to be torn down or cleaned up. “We are […]
HOUSTON – Jake Rowan Vanlandingham, 7 months, died Monday, March 11, 2013. He was born Aug. 12, 2012, to Barry and Rory Vanlandingham. Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Arbor Grove Baptist Church with Bro. Jim Ray officiating. Burial will be at Arbor Grove Baptist Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is […]
- Museum hosting scavenger hunt February 13, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- Semper Fidelis February 17, 2017
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- BIRTH: Swayze Jo Flora February 19, 2017
- BIRTH: Easton Rhett Dendy February 19, 2017
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- Turkey harvest reporting planned for spring February 18, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Americans need help fast February 18, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...