By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Hilltopper baseball coach Scott Gann knows better than to make promises in the competitive Mississippi High School baseball world, but he is pleased with what he has to work with this spring. Houston is the defending State 4A Baseball Champs and roared through the playoffs last year to […]
Tag Archives | bean
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The 2015 Hilltopper football season was a stellar year for the team and individual players and the Houston Touchdown Club, fans and parents honored those achievements at their annual banquet. “Every year and every team is different but this was a special bunch,” said Houston football coach […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Houston Middle School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Superintendent’s List Lakyn Adams, T’Kecia Beaty, Edgar Bedolla, Gabriela S. Bedolla, Abby Kate Boyer, Emma Brassfield, Peyton Brassfield, Charles Buchanan, Zachary Callahan, Quen’darrius Chandler, Calee Cockell, Kamryn Cooper, Kanazsha Cooper, Mackenzie Adriana Criddle, Jermaya Davenport, Shemerea […]
The engagement of Ms. Michelle (Shelley) Faye Moss of Houlka and Mrs. Charles William (Bill) Bean of Una is being announced. She is the daughter of Michael and Sarah Moss of Houlka and he is the son of Willie and Patti Jo Bean of Una. The bride-elect is a load planning specialist at Franklin Corporation […]
SHANNON – Rinnie “Doc” Davis, 63, died Monday, April 14, 2014, at Traceway Green House Hospice in Tupelo. He began his education at Houlka Elementary School and finished his studies and graduated from Houston High School in Houston. After graduating he worked for B&B Concrete and later for Donald Smith Company until his health failed. […]
HOUSTON – Earline Bean, 98, died Sunday, April 6, 2014, at Trace Hospital in Houston. Services will be at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 13, at Wesley Chapel Church in Houston. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
SHANNON – Micheal Adolph Armstrong, 44, died Thursday, April 3, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born April 22, 1969, in Wisconsin to Adolph Tate and the late Patricia Armstrong Warren. He received his education from the Shannon schools. He was a former employee of Alan White. Services will be at 3 p.m. […]
BRUCE – Genella Bean, 53, died Thursday, March 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center of Tupelo. Memorial services will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, March 20, at Bruce Chapel in Bruce. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge.
HOUSTON – Most people have a vegetable garden each summer, but doing it on a commercial scale and making money at it takes special skills and a lot of sweat equity. Doil Moore and James Earnest tend to roughly 25-acres south of Houston and pull tomatoes, onions, peppers, okra, cucumbers, squash, beans, potatoes and peas […]
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...