By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The 2015 Hilltopper football season was a stellar year for the team and individual players and the Houston Touchdown Club, fans and parents honored those achievements at their annual banquet. “Every year and every team is different but this was a special bunch,” said Houston football coach […]
Tag Archives | bean
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Houston Middle School has released the honor roll for the academic year. Superintendent’s List Lakyn Adams, T’Kecia Beaty, Edgar Bedolla, Gabriela S. Bedolla, Abby Kate Boyer, Emma Brassfield, Peyton Brassfield, Charles Buchanan, Zachary Callahan, Quen’darrius Chandler, Calee Cockell, Kamryn Cooper, Kanazsha Cooper, Mackenzie Adriana Criddle, Jermaya Davenport, Shemerea […]
The engagement of Ms. Michelle (Shelley) Faye Moss of Houlka and Mrs. Charles William (Bill) Bean of Una is being announced. She is the daughter of Michael and Sarah Moss of Houlka and he is the son of Willie and Patti Jo Bean of Una. The bride-elect is a load planning specialist at Franklin Corporation […]
SHANNON – Rinnie “Doc” Davis, 63, died Monday, April 14, 2014, at Traceway Green House Hospice in Tupelo. He began his education at Houlka Elementary School and finished his studies and graduated from Houston High School in Houston. After graduating he worked for B&B Concrete and later for Donald Smith Company until his health failed. […]
HOUSTON – Earline Bean, 98, died Sunday, April 6, 2014, at Trace Hospital in Houston. Services will be at 1 p.m. Sunday, April 13, at Wesley Chapel Church in Houston. Burial will be in Wesley Chapel Cemetery. Montgomery Mortuary of Houston is in charge of arrangements. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday.
SHANNON – Micheal Adolph Armstrong, 44, died Thursday, April 3, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born April 22, 1969, in Wisconsin to Adolph Tate and the late Patricia Armstrong Warren. He received his education from the Shannon schools. He was a former employee of Alan White. Services will be at 3 p.m. […]
BRUCE – Genella Bean, 53, died Thursday, March 13, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center of Tupelo. Memorial services will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, March 20, at Bruce Chapel in Bruce. Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge.
HOUSTON – Most people have a vegetable garden each summer, but doing it on a commercial scale and making money at it takes special skills and a lot of sweat equity. Doil Moore and James Earnest tend to roughly 25-acres south of Houston and pull tomatoes, onions, peppers, okra, cucumbers, squash, beans, potatoes and peas […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...