By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – They are growing a football program in Houlka, with the 2015 edition of the Wildcats finishing the season on a positive note and earning a variety of awards at their football banquet last week. Houlka is working to build a football field and played every game on the […]
Tag Archives | Beaty
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A man is in jail and another man was in critical condition in a Tupelo hospital following a stabbing at a home north of Houston Thursday night. Billy Brownlee, of Chickasaw County, was arrested for the alleged assault of Bruce Beaty, also of Chickasaw County, after […]
EGYPT – A simple sign on Highway 45 marks one of the most convoluted and difficult to understand Civil War battles in Northeast Mississippi. The Mississippi Department of Archives and History unveiled a marker for the Battle of Egypt Friday with historians telling the details of this conflict that occurred in the closing days of […]
Dear Editor, There is something inherently wrong with a system that allows five people, three of whom are not even elected by the people, to go into hiding behind closed doors and make a decision that affects the entire population of the community and surrounding area and not have to explain their actions. Of course, […]
Timothy Lee Beaty Jr. was born at 2:36 p.m., Monday, Nov. 17, 2014 at Gilmore Regional Medical Center. Timothy Lee came into this world at 6-pounds, 12-ounces and was 18-inches long. He is the son of Timothy Lee and Cautina Foard Beaty of Houston. He is the maternal grandson of Willie and Overa Foard of […]
HOUSTON – There was a day and age when catching a ride to Okolona or Houston was as easy as flagging down the line car on the old OHCC Railroad. Parkersburg was one of about a dozen flag stops on the Okolona, Houston, Calhoun City (OHCC) Railroad and service on the line was not stopped […]
OKOLONA – Jewel Michell Doss Johnson, 48, died Monday, Feb. 10, 2014, at North Mississippi Medical Center. Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Trinity Church of God in Christ with Pastor Eddie Longstreet and Pastor Huggins officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements. Survivors include her mother, Lucy […]
HOUSTON – War is always sad. And the letters that Thomas Newton Beaty wrote home to his wife in Chickasaw County in 1863 and 1984 tell of the lonely, dangerous life in the Confederate Army and the longing to be back on the farm with family. “He was my great-great-grandfather and he was something […]
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way April 17, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 20, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Lifecore book drive says thank you April 21, 2017
- Principal John Ellison honored by state April 24, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...