By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It’s the best part of being a Chickasaw County Constable. First District Constable Billy Voyles will give six bicycles to six needy Chickasaw County youngsters this Christmas. “This community has been good to me and this is just a little way to give something back,” said Voyles. […]
Tag Archives | bicycle
Special to the Chickasaw Journal MATHISTON – A Wisconsin man riding a bicycle along the Natchez Trace Parkway died Monday afternoon. According to park rangers, De Loyd E. Stertz, 87, of Altoona, Wisconsin, was riding his bicycle south on the Parkway just south of U.S. Highway 82 at mile marker 201 when he was […]
HOUSTON – The Fuller Center Bicycle Adventure’s 400-mile fundraising and awareness ride down Natchez Trace Parkway hit Houston Wednesday. The Tanglefoot Trail and Natchez Trace make Houston a favorite of cyclist and the Fuller Center crew spent last week in Northeast Mississippi mixing business with pleasure as they had a workday Thursday. “With a record […]
HOULKA – Thousands of people have already walked, run and cycled the Tanglefoot Trail and Houlka is trying to get a few of them to stop and spend a few dollars downtown. The CREATE Community Guidance Class at Mississippi State University has developed a project aimed at pointing Trail Trekers to the businesses and stores […]
Melissa Merrill and 35 other cyclists peddled 50 miles Wednesday, spent the night in Houston and then woke up Thursday to help build a house. The group was part of the Fuller Center for Housing spring ride on the Natchez Trace with Parkway Baptist Church feeding them and letting them sleep in their Family […]
HOUSTON – Tia Tee Khao worked frantically as a flower delivery man in Portland, Ore., and one day decided he wanted to smell the roses. “I got on my bike and started riding,” said Khao. “My journey has taken all across the United States. I have met a lot of very good people and learned […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...