Special to the Chickasaw Journal Icy road conditions have been reported in Northeast Mississippi. The Mississippi Department of Transportation said Tuesday morning that there is ice on roads and bridges in several counties. Crews are working to place salt and slag on the affected bridges. Ice has been reported in Alcorn, Benton, Chickasaw, Itawamba, Lee, […]
Tag Archives | Bridges
By Bobby Harrison Daily Journal Jackson Bureau JACKSON – The Senate leadership kept alive Wednesday afternoon legislation that could be used as a vehicle to increase taxes to address state and local infrastructure needs. The bill, referred to as a “dummy bill” during more than three hours of debate, does not actually make any changes […]
By Jeff Amy Associated Press JACKSON – Mississippi’s 2016 legislative session may be halfway over, but debate has yet to really begin on three of the biggest issues. Although some officials have staked out positions on raising more money for roads and bridges, rewriting the state’s K-12 funding formula or cutting taxes, no real proposals […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal Freezing rain was reported in some parts of Northeast Mississippi Monday creating slick roadways, but no major problems had developed. The University of Mississippi delayed opening until 10 a.m. Oxford Schools ran buses and opened two hours later than usual but intend to stay open all day. Lafayette County Schools […]
By Lynn West New Albany Gazette UNION COUNTY — New Albany police had taken 46 suspects into custody Wednesday out of 48 indicted as part of “Operation Fish Net” and expected to get the other two soon. The operation was a mass roundup of people charged with selling drugs in New Albany. Michael Erby, head […]
OKOLONA – After an executive session to discuss the ramifications of the verdict in a lawsuit filed by Ausbern Construction, the Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors decided not to seek an appeal at this time. Ausbern sued the county for an unpaid balance on work done to CR 4 and a jury found in his […]
Most school districts across Northeast Mississippi are closed this morning due to the risk of driving on icy roads. With an inch or so of snow having fallen overnight, whatever traffic there is often turns the inch or so of snow that fell overnight into a layer of ice on bridges, overpasses and shaded slopes. […]
RANDOLPH – Samantha Gail Morris Bridges, 44, died Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a cashier at the West Main Walmart in Tupelo. She loved to play the piano and sing. She loved all people and animals and never met a stranger. Service is at 2 p.m. Tuesday […]
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- Family Resource Center offers services February 20, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...