By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – They are growing a football program in Houlka, with the 2015 edition of the Wildcats finishing the season on a positive note and earning a variety of awards at their football banquet last week. Houlka is working to build a football field and played every game on the […]
Tag Archives | Buggs
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – There are always people in need and that means Chickasaw County needs United Way now more than ever. United Way provided $106,000 of assistance to 30 agencies serving people from Chickasaw County last year and this year 27 agencies have requested roughly $130,175. Mike Mitchell, United Way […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – City taxpayers will decide Aug. 11 if Houston will levy a tax to market the town to the world. The Houston Board of Aldermen voted 4-0 at their May 5 meeting to set the election that will require businesses to collect a 1 percent tax on prepared food […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOULKA – The Houlka Wildcats came on strong this spring and went three-rounds deep into the MHSAA Baseball Playoffs before falling to Smithville last week. The Wildcats fell in two games to a strong Smithville team with a 6-14 loss on Tuesday and the season ending 3-7 […]
HOUSTON – “B, bat, buh, C, cat, cuh,” were the sounds coming from the children’s reading room at the Houston Carnegie Lilbrary recently. Tekela Spraggins was leading the youngsters through sounding out the alphabet during the opening of the EARS program at the facility. Spraggins was joined by several other teachers, active and retired, who […]
HOUSTON – It takes a family to make a house a home. Houston Habitat for Humanity is seeking members for its Family Search Committee as they begin the process of building another home in the community. “Getting the right people to join with Habitat is so critical to make the process of work,” said Barbara […]
HOULKA – Carolyn Buggs died Friday, Aug. 23, 2013, at her home Arrangements are incomplete and will be announced later by Belle Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce.
HOULKA – A Thursday night fire in Chickasaw County totally destroyed a mobile home and resulted in the death of an elderly woman. The Houlka Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched north of Houlka at 6:10 p.m. and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the double-wide trailer when they arrived on the scene. “An elderly […]
HOUSTON – The Parent Teacher Organization at Houston Upper Elementary School made a significant donation to the school recently. The PTO donated $7,000 to help place Smartboards in each classroom to assist teachers and students. PTO President Edie Myatt said the group was happy to assist in the project. “We used Great American fundraising,” Myatt […]
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best July 18, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...