By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA — Okolona’s mayor and city council has unanimously voted to accept the donation of several pieces of blighted property from their owners, and put a number of other landowners on 30-day notice to clean up their land. The action is part of a move by the […]
Tag Archives | buildings
By Caleb Bedillion Daily Journal TUPELO – Legislation to renew a state tax credit that supports the preservation of historic buildings has passed the Mississippi House and Senate though a leading preservation organization has concerns about changes to the program introduced by the Senate bill. The tax credit program has reached its funding limit of […]
HOUSTON – More than two-dozen people packed the board room at City Hall to hear the pros and cons of downtown Houston being listed on the National Historic Register. Bill Gatlin, of the Mississippi Department of Archives and History, said there is a lot of mis-information about being named to the National Historic Register and […]
- SENIOR SEASON 2017 April 16, 2017
- Houston loses to Kosciusko April 19, 2017
- Spring is a time to grow April 20, 2017
- Houlka to open bids for new school April 20, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days in Spring April 20, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- Lifecore book drive says thank you April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...