HOUSTON – Despite rain last week and a forecast for rain Wednesday a burn ban remains in effect for most of Mississippi, including Chickasaw County. “Most people don’t realize how much of a rainfall deficit we have,” said Brighton Forester, Mississippi Forestry Commission public relations director. “While there is some more rain in the forecast […]
Tag Archives | burn ban
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It very dry and a wildfire could be very dangerous right now The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors voted to implemented a burn ban until Nov. 7 after the area has not received any significant rain in over a month. “I’ve not seen a fall this dry in […]
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – You can rake those leaves into as high a pile as you want, but don’t put a match to them! Mississippi is still under a state-wide burn ban and that means anyone caught burning anything outside can be cited and fined up to $500. Despite recent rains the […]
HOUSTON – The recent spate of freezing weather has killed grass and plants and made them the perfect tinder for a wildfire. Chickasaw County Fire Coordinator Jonathan Blankenship is urging property owners not to burn outside until the countryside greens back up in the spring. “We had a fire up in Houlka on Friday […]
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Rinehart enters Kappa Delta Pi December 5, 2016
- Presents for prisoners December 6, 2016
- Hair- Kaylee Martin December 6, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Tis the season to recycle December 9, 2016
- Food For Families drop off is Friday December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw dodges storm December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw burn ban lifted December 8, 2016
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Prescott earns NCAA honor December 7, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...