By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – You can rake those leaves into as high a pile as you want, but don’t put a match to them! Mississippi is still under a state-wide burn ban and that means anyone caught burning anything outside can be cited and fined up to $500. Despite recent rains the […]
Tag Archives | burn ban
HOUSTON – The recent spate of freezing weather has killed grass and plants and made them the perfect tinder for a wildfire. Chickasaw County Fire Coordinator Jonathan Blankenship is urging property owners not to burn outside until the countryside greens back up in the spring. “We had a fire up in Houlka on Friday […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...