Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – Beginning in November, young adults ages 16-24 can participate in a five-week Counseling 2 Career (C2C) program at the WIN Job Centers in Itawamba Community College’s five-county district, which includes Houston. C2C provides an opportunity for work experience and assistance with securing full-time employment. […]
Tag Archives | career
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal TUPELO – The numbers have been known for years: Kids who don’t finish high school and get some type of post secondary education find success and the good life difficult to attain. Speakers at the 20th Annual State of the Region meeting at the BancorpSouth Conference Center repeatedly […]
Hundreds of our young men and women from Houston, Okolona and Houlka graduated from high school this week. They lined up in their caps and gown and strolled across the floor or field to pick up their high school diploma as their full name was called over the public address system. While parents and grandparents […]
HOUSTON – Jermaine Morgan’s hometown is known for the Flywheel Festival and the Solar Car team and he wants it to also become know for creating musicians. The Chickasaw County Instrumental Music Festival kicked off its second year this past weekend with crowds gathering in Joe Brigance Park to listen to Jazz, blues, pop and […]
TUPELO – Several students from Houston and Okolona High Schools were honored recently at the annual Career-Technical Scholars luncheon at the Itawamba Community College campus in Tupelo. The event honors secondary and post-secondary students who scored an 80-precent or higher on state tests required for their specific career and technical programs. Students who were presented […]
HOUSTON – Getting a job is not easy in today’s economy and making sure you can keep it is critical to the success of young adults. The WIN Job Center hosted graduation ceremonies for 11 C2C (Counseling to Career) youth program students Friday with most of the class ready to head off to jobs this […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...