By Patsy R. Brumfield Special to the Daily Journal JACKSON – Former state prisons chief Christopher B. Epps faces sentencing April 11 for his admissions to a kickback-bribery scheme, which allegedly netted him nearly $2 million for choosing contract favorites. His attorneys and federal prosecutors agreed to the new date after meeting Tuesday before U.S. […]
Tag Archives | Chickasaw County Jail
By Floyd Ingram Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – The long arm of the law often catches crooks by their fingers. The Chickasaw County Jail came before county supervisors last week seeking a maintenance agreement that will keep its fingerprint scanner operating 24/7 for years to come. “The contract is about $5,000 for yearly […]
Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – A child allegedly fell out of a car in Vardaman and his mother and grandmother wisked him to the hospital in Houston when he went to sleep. The Houston Police Department responded to Gas Mart on Highway 8 West at 2:10 a.m., Wednesday and found […]
HOUSTON – A local man has been arrested for car burglary after an alert resident allegedly spotted him looking into vehicles in the middle of the night and called police. “When our officer arrived on the scene they spotted the suspect and when they went to apprehend him, he ran,” said Houston Police Chief Billy […]
HOUSTON – A woman who allegedly abandoned a child for the second time has been formally served and arrested by the Houston Police Department on one charge each of child abuse and child abandonment. Cora Lynn Watkins, 25, was taken into custody at the Regional Three Mental Health building Thursday afternoon. She was booked into […]
CHICKASAW COUNTY – Thousands of dollars in unpaid fines can be found on the Chickasaw County Justice Court docket and they need to be paid. Justice Court judges have pulled 100 convictions with past due fines and will be issuing warrants this week for the arrest of the individual and demanding payment of past due […]
HOUSTON – A routine traffic stop has led to the arrest of a local man on possession charges and a continuing investigation into drug traffic in Chickasaw County. Houston police stopped a car on North Hall Street, Jan. 19 and a search of the vehicle turned up 48 grams of marijuana, scales, plastic baggies and […]
HOUSTON – Two arrests have been made in a series of holiday crimes in Houston. The Houston Police Department arrested Robert Holmes, Jr., of Webster County, for two auto burglaries, burglary of a commercial building and vandalism. He was placed in the Chickasaw County Jail and later released on bond. Police have also arrested Eric […]
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...