By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal HOUSTON – It was a cold, dreary night in Houston on Saturday, but the basketball action at Hilltopper Gym provided plenty of excitement. In two games which saw each school win a game over the other, the Lady Hilltoppers defeated theLady Chieftains 49-18 , and in […]
Tag Archives | Chieftains
OKOLONA – In a season filled with anticipation, the Okolona Chieftains basketball team recorded their first win of this young season Friday night in an impressive victory over the Shannon Red Radiers, 96-92. As tipoff neared, the Okolona gym was filled to the rafters as fans from both sides were ready […]
By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal BRUCE – In the game of football, sometimes breaks go a team’s way and suddenly they can go the other team’s way. That was the case on Friday night. In a game that featured two teams striving desperately for a win, the Bruce Trojans held off […]
By Ethan Turner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Okolona football coach Jack Clark has been adamant all season that he wants the Chieftains compete for four full quarters. And that’s what he got Friday night on Senior Night. And while the Chieftains played hard all four quarters against the […]
By Hank Wiesner Special to the Chickasaw Journal OKOLONA – Okolona School District’s $2 million bond issue, passed last year, is fueling construction of many large and small projects designed to upgrade the school district from the ground beneath students’ feet to the roofs over their heads, District Superintendent Dexter Green said this week. […]
By Brandon Speck Daily Journal JACKSON – Okolona was never able to shake off a shaky start. The Cheiftains were stuck with one made field goal much of the first quarter Saturday at Mississippi Coliseum, while Bay Springs ran off with the Class 2A state championship with a 74-58 win. It took nearly 3 minutes […]
By Gene Phelps Daily Journal JACKSON – Bailey, Smith, Spears. Three names basketball fans in Mississippi need to remember, three names West Tallahatchie would like to forget. Okolona freshmen Jaylon Bailey, Cameron Smith and Ladarius Spears rang up 53 points Thursday to lead the Chieftains to a 73-67 comeback win against West Tallahatchie in the […]
AREA SCORES Friday Aberdeen 41, Nettleton 0 Baldwyn 45, Mantachie 14 Biggersville 20, Vardaman 14 Booneville 55, Alcorn Central 6 Briarfield, La. 52, Calhoun Aca. 36 Caledonia 28, Houston 27 Calhoun City 56, Bruce 15 Corinth 49, Pontotoc 14 E. Webster 31, Okolona 22 Falkner 19, Thrasher 12 Grenada 14, Tupelo 11 Hamilton 46, Houlka […]
The Okolona Chieftains opened the 2013-14 season on a positive note, taking a 76-73 win over the Nettleton Tigers in a battle all four quarters. Nettleton scored first as Kaleb Gilbert connected on two from the line and Dre Sharp took a steal to the hole. After trailing 0-6, the Chieftains regrouped with Zack Stevens […]
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...